Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You Can't Measure Heart

But you can measure heart rate.

Went back to a 5 am run today and it was good. Did a 20 minutes run, 2 minutes walk endurance run to see how that went. Smoothly with a strong finish. Maybe I'll try a 20 min run/2 min walk approach for a fall marathon.

Distance: 7.2 miles
Time: 1 hour 10 min 22 sec
Avg heart rate: 142
Avg pace: 9:46/mi

My sister pointed out Sharper Image already sells a Personal Cooling System 2.0. However, being an evaporative cooling system, I am not sure it will be very effective in humid climates. Besides I will look like a dork running in one of those.

Are you a dork? Take the quiz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
I bought my sister one of those a while back (she has multiple sclerosis and heat is very bad for her) but it didn't really match up to their hype.

But I was in Sharper Image just last night on Westheimer. Bought a fan. And yet another atomic clock with a temperature gauge on it. I always like their clocks.

I'm saving up my nickels - they have this lifesize Superman in there and he's made out of fiberglass! Only five thousand bucks.

I told that to the guys in the band tonight at practice and they all asked if he was anatomically correct. I told 'em I didn't check under his cape...

Anonymous said...

I am on official dork. As my dad, I am assuming you already knew this. In fact, I have a strong suspicion that it runs in the family, and your nerdiness (don't deny it, you registered a nerd) and mum's borderline dorkiness/normality created my bizarre dorkiness.

I'd spend the 5 grand on two mounted moose heads - one for each bedroom!

Anonymous said...

"I know you are, but what am I..." Tee Hee