Sunday, July 09, 2006

Department of Repetitive Redundant Weather Whining Department is Closed

What more can be said about running in Houston summer weather that has not been posted ad nauseum by us bloggers and it is only the All Star Break? I'm going to ban all further discussion of how the weather sucks on my blog. I will no longer document that the Seabrook weather station posted a 100% humidity reading while I was running the Seabrook trails this morning and there was no rain in sight and not a puff of air moving. I will no longer curse my pace, my gasping for air, my dripping forehead and wonder if I really did set a 10k PR in under 8 min/mile pace in the spring and if, perhaps, my chip was defective.

I did get three runs in since my last post. A 5.4 mile endurance run at an average pace of 9:24/mi, a 4.0 mile fartlek run at an average pace of 10:07/min inclusive of 2x400m intervals in 1:44 and 1:55, and today's lovely Seabrook bayside 5.5 mile half tempo, half survival run at an average pace of 8:58/mi.

Germany scored some sweet goals in the third place game yesterday. I wonder how far these players run in the 90 minutes on the field? Certainly more than 10k.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I read somewhere that they average 6-10 miles per game.