Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Next Time Take My Picture At The Start

Last chance to get your Chevron Houston Marathon pictures! So says the note in my inbox. I never had so many pictures of me taken in a race, there are 16 to chose from! Sweet, let's find a nice one. But wait, I'm not running in any of them! My head is as down as a German soccer player at the end of extra time in the World Cup yesterday. I look like sh*t or perhaps death in all 16.

Gee all the pictures are taken in the last few miles. Why don't they take some at the beginning? Maybe next time I'll walk the first half so I look fresh at the end for the pictures. The only sane reason to run another marathon is to get some decent pictures the next time. Or maybe there is no sane reason.

Therefore my goal for my second marathon is to beat 4hrs 30 minutes and look good in the photos.

My new log book is officially open with the first two runs duly recorded. A nice 5 mile tempo run with Chris Bittinger and Mark Henderson on Monday evening (tempo for me, recovery for them) and a 3 mile recovery run on Tuesday evening.

I can only presume by his heart failure that Ken Lay was not a runner. I do hope my heart lasts well beyond 64. I am looking forward to placing in the 65 plus age group some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Rookie mistake. Brightroom always takes Houston Marathon photos under the railroad bridge on Memorial just after mile 20. Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, SMILE, walk, walk, walk...

Steeeve

Crosstrain said...

Yep. More like cramp, cramp, cramp, grimace, stretch, groan, cramp, cramp, cramp.