Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Memorable Eighteenth

I've been pretty bummed out all week since the reoccurance of my achilles injury. I am sure I got on my wife's nerves big time. I was all ready to scratch Park to Park for more rest, but my good friends Veronica and Lee Anne coaxed me out. I have little resistence to the invitation of two lovely ladies, so I finished my 18th consecutive HARRA series race. Veronica is 39 weeks with child and set the pace while Lee Anne and I tagged along. We finished in under 11 minute miles. While my time is 15 minutes slower than last year, I PR'd in terms of racing buddies. One thing is for sure, I'll never run faster pregnant than Veronica and not very many people will either.

Earlier in the week I did a 400 yd swim followed by a 25 minute cycle. I also got fitness tested at the gym. I was most interested in the body fat measurement, which was 18 or normal for my age. My pulse at 6:30 pm sitting in a chair was 49. I passed. I like being cardio fit.

No blogging until next weekend due to travel. No running until March due to injury. I'll be concentrating on swimming and cycling for the rest of February.

No comments: