Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tagged for Movie Trivia

OK, Gaslight asked for it. I'll try to make it reasonable.

Movie meme, taken from the Briantolgist

Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
Post them here for everyone to guess.
NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.

Feel free to answer in the comments, all both of you.

1. "Rock," he said, "sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper.

2. In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

3. Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

4. Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

5. You're a woman of many parts, Pussy!

6. You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend - those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

7. I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours. I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now.

8. Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm.

9. For god's sake, Mrs. Robinson. Here we are. You got me into your house. You give me a drink. You... put on music. Now you start opening up your personal life to me and tell me your husband won't be home for hours.

10. How interesting. I have a husband named Dean Wormer at Faber. Still want to show me your cucumber?

11. Love means never having to say you're sorry

12. It's just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right! With your hands on your hips. You bring your knees in tight! But it's the pelvic thrust / That really drives you insane / Let's do the time warp again!

13. So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it.

14. Kid, there's something I ought to tell you. I never shot anybody before.

15. Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.


I am not so cruel as to tag anyone.

4 comments:

Steeeve said...

Great list; I know most of them. #13 is from one of my 5 all time favorite movies. "I think I'm going to be sick! No, it's OK. Now I'm hungry!"

Gaslight ;-) said...

Hey! Who are you calling cruel?! You know you had fun :-)

4. Braveheart
6. Pulp Fiction?
7. Forest Gump
9. The Graduate
10 . Animal House
12 Rocky Horror
13. Fargo?

elf said...

1) "'I don't know where I'll be then Rock,' he said, 'but I'll know about it, and I'll be happy.'" *sniff*. Knute Rockne: All American.

3) The Godfather (II? I can't remember which one).

4) Braveheart
5) Goldfinger (?)
7) Forrest Gump
8) Pulp Fiction
9) The Graduate
10) Animal House (as an aside, I've actually been to Dexter Lake, of Dexter Lake Club fame).
11) Love Story
12)Rocky Horror Picture Show
13) Fargo
14) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Great movie.
15) Casablanca. My all time favorite movie.

I think yours wee a little easier than Gaslight's.

Anonymous said...

ok, i'll go.
#2 is from lord of the rings.
#6 ... I know the quote, I just can't place it! argh!

the rest have already been spoken for...