Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jager Bolsters the Spirit

This evening I had the good fortune to spend some time with good friends. A few beers and greek food in Kemah. Followed by a Jager to steady the nerves. Today I had a challenging 76 mile, 19mph, 144 avg HR bike ride. Several of the club members were going 100 miles, but I had to cut it short as I was toast.

But I have indeed achieved a reasonable level of cycling prowess....they did not drop me on the Fred Hartman Bridge nor the Kemah Bridge. And last week I came in second in the final sprint. Today I did not have it.

It is with trepidation I will retire tonight as tomorrow morning, Easter, I shall attempt my first run of 2009. Alas my leg is still tight and sore, so I expect little other than the recognition that I am alive, my heart is strong, my will is undiminished and I shall never surrender. At least as long as there is St Arnolds and Jager nearby.

No comments: