Sunday, April 12, 2009

iFest To Feature Ireland

Last time Ireland was the feature at Houston's International Festival, we had a marvellous time. Some outstanding traditional Irish music talent performed including, if I recall corrrectly, Sharon Shannon, Danu, Kila and Solas. This year it does not seem that so many big names in Irish music are on tap. However, Beoga looks to be the headliner this year and I can't wait to see them. I've linked a video of their BBC performance.

As for my run today, I ran 3.65 miles with Lee Anne at a 9 min pace, followed by a real easy 10 mile bike ride. I am not happy about the run pace since my heart rate was pretty high. However, my legs felt like bricks, primarily from yesterday's killer workout on the bike. Now I will have to noodle on whether to do the LP run. I won't go unless I think I can run more than 4 miles in 33:20 and I won't aggravate my leg. Both are uncertain in my mind today. It will be a last minute decision since I have a little 180 mile bike ride to complete next weekend.

2 comments:

Gaslight ;-) said...

Re: LP Run
No, you have to decide if running 4 miles in a tiny circle while leaning to the left will aggravate your leg.

I enjoy this run when healthy, but this year? Wouldn't be my/our smartest move, I'm guessing.

the daughter said...

oooh! I want to go!